Pairing with Ancient Peaks: Fourth of July
Recipes for Chardonnay, Rosé, and Zinfandel
2020 Chardonnay & Veggie Skewers
- 4 medium red onion
- 4 medium zucchini
- 2 red bell pepper
- 2 orange bell pepper
- 2 green bell pepper
- olive oil
For garlic herb sauce:
- ⅓ cup olive oil
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 tbsp fresh parsley
- 3 tbsp fresh cilantro
- 1 tsp fresh rosemary
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- **If you’re using wood skewers, soak them in water for 30 minutes.
- Prepare the vegetables. Red Onions: peel, then slice in half. Chop each half into thirds, which should give you 6 pieces from one onion. Bell peppers: seed and chop each bell pepper into 1″x1″ pieces. Zucchini: chop into rounds.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together all of the garlic herb sauce ingredients.
- Preheat the grill and skewer the vegetables and layer with a touch of olive oil.
- Add skewers to the grill once hot, for approximately 5-8 minutes per side, or until the veggies are just softening and browning around the edges.
- Remove from heat, and brush with garlic herb sauce.
- Pour a glass of Chardonnay, and enjoy!
2020 Rosé or 2018 Zinfandel & Surf N Turf Burger
- 2oz garlic powder
- 2oz black pepper
- 2oz salt
- 2 pounds 80/20 beef
- 12 large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 4oz unsalted butter
- 1 pound baby spinach
- 8 slices provolone
- 4 slices tomato
- 4 hamburger buns of your choice
- Preheat a grill or pan.
- In a small bowl, mix together garlic powder, black pepper, and salt until well mixed.
- Form 4 patties from the ground beef and sprinkle each side with the mixture you made in the bowl. Lightly oil the grill and cook burgers to your desired level.
- Sprinkle the shrimp with the remaining seasoning mixture and grill alongside burgers until pink on both side – about 3 minutes.
- Melt the butter in a large sauté pan. Satue the spinach until slightly wilted.
- When the burgers are close to your desired level, place the spinach and a slice of provolone cheese on top. Briefly grill the tomato slices on each side and place on top of the provolone. Then, add the shrimp and another slice of provolone (optional). Once the cheese has melted, place on hamburger buns!
- Pour a glass of Rosé or Zinfandel, and enjoy!