Pairing with Ancient Peaks
In celebration of International Cabernet Day and California Wine Month, we paired the Ancient Peaks Cabernet Sauvignon with unique dishes — not your typical steak dish. Cheers!
The first portion of the day includes a fun picnic with family and friends. Grab a bottle of Cabernet, curate a delicious cheese & charcuterie board if you wish, but if you’re in a pinch or craving something ~simple~ here are some perfect pairings:
AT THE PICNIC
BREAD & BUTTER
- Choose your favorite baked bread and butter. We suggest a freshly baked French baguette.
- Grab a bag or make your own with this recipe!
AT THE DINNER
Grilled Swordfish & Cabernet
- ½ stick of butter
- 2 teaspoons fresh chopped parsley
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- ½ teaspoon ground mixed peppercorns
- ½ teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 one-inch thick swordfish fillets (about 6oz each)
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Mash butter, parsley, garlic, ½ teaspoon ground mixed peppercorns, and lemon peel in small bowl. Season to taste with salt.
- Heat oil in an ovenproof skillet over medium-high heat.
- Sprinkle swordfish with salt and mixed peppercorn, and place in skillet. Cook until browned, about 3 minutes.
- Transfer the swordfish to the oven and cook for 10 minutes, or until cooked through. Take out swordfish and place on plates.
- Heat butter mixture in the skillet over medium-high heat, until melted. Then, pour over swordfish.
- Pour a glass of cabernet and enjoy this unique pairing!
Recipe found on Epicurious.com