We are pleased to share the following recipe from Ariana Tsuchiya, host of the original Ancient Peaks series “SOMM Voyage.” This hearty, warming dish is a perfect winter season match for our vibrant 2018 Zinfandel:
4 egg yolks
1 tablespoon of lemon juice
½ cup of unsalted, melted butter
Pinch of salt
16 oz of leftover brisket
½ cup of beef broth
1 chopped red bell pepper
4 English muffins sliced in half
Pinch of paprika
Fresh chopped parsley
Directions for Hollandaise Sauce:
– Whisk egg yolks and lemon juice in stainless steel bowl until thick.
– Double boil: Place stainless steel bowl over saucepan with simmering water (water should not be filled high enough to touch the bottom of bowl).
– Whisk egg yolk mixture and drizzle in melted butter until thickened (be careful that the egg mixture never gets too hot so as to not scramble the eggs)
– Remove from heat and whisk in a pinch of salt
Directions for Benedict:
– Heat medium sauce pan on medium until hot, add beef Brisket and broth, bring to a boil.
– Add red bell pepper to brisket mixture and simmer for 5 minutes
– Meanwhile, add 2 to 3 inches of water to large skillet with deep sides; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low simmer.
– Crack each egg into small cup, slowly lower into simmering water, gently releasing egg into water.
– Cook 5 to 7 minutes or until yolk is opaque or desired doneness is reached.
– Top each muffin half with brisket and bell peppers then add 1 egg and hollandaise sauce. Top with a pinch of paprika