HERBED PORK CHOPS WITH GARLIC BUTTER
Servings: 4; Total Cook Time: 50 minutes
- 4 thin-cut bone-in pork chops
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3/4 teaspoon crushed dried rosemary
- 1/2 teaspoon dried sage
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground pepper
- 4 teaspoons unsalted butter
- 1 garlic clove
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed dried rosemary
- 30 minutes prior to cooking, take the pork chops out of the fridge and place them on a plate. This will help to even out the temperature of the pork chops and allow for more even cooking.
- In a small bowl, make the garlic butter! Combine all three ingredients (butter, garlic, and rosemary) and let it sit.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the rosemary, sage, paprika, salt and pepper, and olive oil.
- Pour the mixture evenly over the pork chops and massage to coat.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat with 1 teaspoon of olive oil, or lightly coat with cooking spray.
- Cook the pork chops for 3 minutes on each side, or until it is cooked through to 165 degrees F.
- Plate the pork chops and top them off with 1 teaspoon of garlic butter.
We suggest serving a side of steamed asparagus to complete this delicious pairing.
The rounded textures and complex flavors of the 2020 Merlot pair well with herbed pork chops. As a medium body wine, the leaner pork seems just right.