Crockpot Spanish Tortilla Soup
As Fall is beginning, let’s warm up with a big bowl of Spanish Tortilla Soup which pairs perfectly with our 2020 Renegade! Combining the aromas of dark fruits and notes of peppery spice will bring out the Spanish seasonings, leaving your tastebuds dancing.
- 1 lb. Chicken (we used tenders)
- 1 Yellow Onion
- 1 Yellow Bell Pepper
- 1 Green Bell Pepper
- 1 Chipotle Pepper in Adobo Sauce
- 1 can Diced Chiles
- 28 oz. can Crushed Tomatoes
- 1 can Corn
- 1 can Black Beans
- 2 limes
- 3 Garlic Cloves
- 1 Tbsp. Cumin
- 1 Tbsp. Chili Powder
- ½ tsp. Cayenne Pepper
- 2 tsp. Paprika
- 4 cups Chicken Broth
- 2 Tbsp. fresh Cilantro
~ Optional Toppings ~
- Corn tortillas (cut into small strips and fried in avocado oil)
- Mexican Crema
- Lime wedges
- Wash all vegetables and dice them.
- In a crockpot, place chicken on the bottom.
- After the chicken, add in all diced vegetables, canned goods, seasonings, lime juice, cilantro, and chicken broth.
- Lightly mix the seasonings together. Cover and set on HIGH for 3 ½ hours.
- Once the chicken is cooked at 165 degrees, take it out and place on a cutting board. Tear the chicken apart using 2 forks and pulling away from each other. After the chicken is entirely pulled apart, put it back in the soup.
- Continue to cook for another hour and it is ready!
- Ladle the soup into a bowl and top with your favorite toppings such as cilantro, Mexican crema, and fried tortilla strips.
- Grab a bottle of 2020 Renegade and pour yourself a well-deserved glass to pair with this mouth-watering dinner. Serve and enjoy!