SURF N TURF BURGERS
- 2oz garlic powder
- 2oz black pepper
- 2oz salt
- 2 pounds 80/20 beef
- 12 large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 4oz unsalted butter
- 1 pound baby spinach
- 8 slices provolone
- 4 slices tomato
- 4 hamburger buns of your choice
- Preheat a grill or pan.
- In a small bowl, mix together garlic powder, black pepper, and salt until well mixed.
- Form 4 patties from the ground beef and sprinkle each side with the mixture you made in the bowl. Lightly oil the grill and cook burgers to your desired level.
- Sprinkle the shrimp with the remaining seasoning mixture and grill alongside burgers until pink on both side – about 3 minutes.
- Melt the butter in a large sauté pan. Satue the spinach until slightly wilted.
- When the burgers are close to your desired level, place the spinach and a slice of provolone cheese on top. Briefly grill the tomato slices on each side and place on top of the provolone. Then, add the shrimp and another slice of provolone (optional). Once the cheese has melted, place on hamburger buns!
- Pour a glass of Rosé or Zinfandel, and enjoy!